Date: July 20th, 2022
General Support after Close of Business
- As of August 12th, 2022, Lightform customer support will no longer be active for Lightform products as the company is shutting down. After this date, please refer to the Lightform Guide and FAQ for self-help resources.
- We’d like to remind all users to update their device firmware before August 12th, 2022, to receive technical support from our team. Upgrading your device firmware and/or software may be necessary to correct a problem. If you have an LF2 or LF2+ projector, the latest firmware ensures you have the latest safety updates.
- Guide documentation will be available at www.lightform.com/go for at least two years.
To our customers, partners, and community – Thank you for believing in us, supporting us, and being a part of our journey to bring these products into the world. We are incredibly sad to say goodbye but excited to see what the future brings for our community. For more details on what to expect going forward, please see our updated Sunset FAQs.
Maintenance of Software
- All Lightform device purchases made on Lightform.com included a perpetual license for Lightform Creator and a 1-year hardware warranty. Devices are expected to work as intended with supported operating systems. We cannot guarantee that Lightform Creator will continue to work on new operating systems launched after being discontinued in August 2022. Lightform will no longer develop new releases and has no active development resources to implement changes.
Maintenance of Firmware
As of August 12th, 2022, the final firmware versions are as follows:
- LF1 – 126.96.36.199
- LFC – 188.8.131.52
- LF2 / LF2+ – 184.108.40.206
Sunset: Close of business in August 2022.
Lightform has discontinued all hardware production runs indefinitely, effective February 7th, 2022. Lightform will no longer operate to provide cloud services or technical product support after August 2022.
Sunset FAQs: A list of updated FAQs specifically related to Lightform’s shut down and discontinuation of support.
Discontinued products: All Lightform products, including hardware (LF1, LFC Kit, LF2, and LF2+) and the Lightform Creator software that has been discontinued.
End of support: August 12th, 2022 – The last date after product discontinuation and close of business that Lightform provides support and RMA services for discontinued products. After this date, please refer to the Lightform Guide and FAQ for self-help resources.
Hardware: The Lightform physical product and its physical components.
Firmware: The operating system of a Lightform embedded product.
Software: Lightform Creator; a program running on a computer.
Warranty: Lightform 1-year warranty; full details here.
~ The Lightform Team